Mahabeera seeds is a variety of Basil (Tulsi) Seeds and is popular in India, Sri Lanka and North-eastern parts of Africa. This type of Basil seeds usually grows in dry areas that are exposed to sun. Some of the health benefits includes dietary fibres & Vitamin K, Vitamin A, Iron and Antioxidants. In this article, I will be showing you how to use mahabeera seeds for weight loss, anti-aging, immunity and diabetes control.
When soaked in water, Mahabeera seeds has the ability to grow up to 30 times of its original size and will be richer in fibre and also be used to sustain hunger when. It can also be used as a body coolant and for relieving irritation stemming from excessive body heat.
Different names of Mahabeera Ginjalu in India
Botanical Name: Ocimum Gratissum
Mahabeera Ginjalu in Kannada: Vana Tulasi
Mahabeera Ginjalu in Hindi: Mahabeer ke beej
Mahabeera Ginjalu in Telugu: Mahabeera Vithanalu
Health benefits of Mahabeera Ginjalu (Mahabeera seeds)
Mahabeera Ginjalu is known to be very effective in treating knee & joint pains and can be used for weight loss and other numerous health benefits such as
1. Effective for treating skin problems like psoriasis and eczema.
2. Mahabeera seeds helps to reduce acidity and burning sensation.
3. Used for diabetes treatment.
4. Mahabeera Ginjalu eases constipation by ensuring easy bowel movement.
5. This seed is used to flush out toxins from the stomach.
6. Mahabeera Ginjalu is also known to help in treating hair loss and boosts the growth of healthy hair follicles because of the Vitamin K and Iron properties in it.
7. As a rich source of Vitamin A, Antioxidants and flavonoids, it helps to reduce oxidative stress, helps people suffering with Diabetes and related oxidative stress.
Nutritional Value of Mahabeera Seeds
The nutritional properties of Mahabeera Ginjalu seeds includes polyphenol flavonoids like Orientin and many other antioxidants like beta carotene, lutein, zeaxanthin, vitamin A, vitamin K and minerals like potassium
How to use mahabeera Ginjalu seeds for weight loss, anti-aging, immunity and diabetes control.
Below are steps on how to use Mahabeera Ginjalu seeds
1. Soak the seeds in a glass of water and leave for some hours then drink the concoction
2. You can mix a tbs of Mahabeera Ginjalu seeds inside 1 glass cup of hot water and leave for 30 minutes and then use the puffed ginjalu seeds to either make your Flavoured milk, fruit salads or falooda.
3. Also, you can just soak 4 to 6 gm of Mahabeera seeds in water and leave overnight then consume the next day.